Founder & Consultant
FRIEND OF HOUSING AWARD State Honors Pam Blanton of the King County Housing and Community Development Program
During her seven years as Housing Coordinator, her program successfully supported 450 people with disabilities in their moves to affordable housing. Pam has worked with people who receive SSI, SSDI, and other funding such as State Residential Support, Medicaid Personal Care, supported employment income, and adult family home services. In addition to helping people move from their family homes into independent housing, she also assisted people in their moves from institutions to community-based housing.
Since 2014, Pam has collaborated with families and community partners to establish 16 shared living homes, serving 33 individuals with disabilities. When she is collaborating with families and partners, her passion is evident. Her core values and commitment to helping people with disabilities realize their dream of independent living have driven her career choices. Pam brings warmth and compassion to the people she serves, and she derives great pleasure watching people succeed.
- Respect: Every person is valuable, has potential, and should be treated with dignity.
- Inclusion: Everyone belongs and has the right to fully participate in their community.
- Diversity: People are created uniquely with their own passions, talents and abilities.
- Choice: Choice empowers people to realize their dreams.
- Community: By working together in community each of us will achieve more. Through collaboration, we will find solutions.
- One in five people has a disability.
- Many people with disabilities live at home with aging parents who can no longer provide care for their son or daughter.
- Family resources are being significantly impacted by cuts in services and traditional funding sources.
- Housing is the foundation for a quality life.
- Innovative solutions are necessary to create sustainable community living opportunities.
- Planning is essential.
- A Residential Assessment
- A discovery process that empowers people with disabilities and their families to create a vision of housing for their future
- Roommate Matching
- Exploration of housing opportunities
- Collaboration in designing housing plans with action steps
- Support in discovering housing options
- Housing and related resource information
- An understanding of multi- and inter-agency roles and relationships
- Assistance with affordable housing processes and paperwork
- Workshops, training, meeting facilitation and advocacy